Traineeships & Sector Based Work Academy
By partnering with the local Job Centre Plus, South Gloucestershire College and local schools, we can provide work experience opportunities through either the Sector Based Work Academy or a Traineeship.
These programmes give job seekers and young people the opportunity to:
- Work with skilled and experienced people in the healthcare sector
- Experience high quality training and work experience
- Apply for jobs and apprenticeships within the Trust
- Gain a Level 1 Certificate in Employability Skills
- Access support with developing maths and English skills
- Gain skills and knowledge that will benefit any job or career
- Obtain a valuable reference for future employment
Whilst gaining hands-on work experience, you will also attend training sessions on maths and English, CV writing, communication, problem solving and team work. You will also be supported to achieve a Level 1 Certificate in Employability Skills from City & Guilds.
The Practice Development Team at North Bristol NHS Trust have achieved numerous accreditations and awards, including:
- ‘Good’ OFSTED rating with outstanding elements in learner progression and support
- A City & Guilds Approved Centre
- Skills for Health & NHS Health Education ‘South West Employer Award’ & ‘South West Provider Award’ 2013-2014
- The National Skill Academy ‘Lead Employer Partner’
- National Apprenticeship Service ‘Apprenticeships Award: Macro Employer of the Year’ Regional Winner 2013.
- Matrix Quality Standard for Information, Advice and Guidance Services