Professional Development Events - Nursing and ODPs
Our professional development study days provide a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the cutting edge clinical care we provide.
21 March 2020- Theatre and Mediroom Conference
North Bristol NHS Trust is one of two designated Major Trauma Centres for South West England, servicing the Severn region. We are a regionalist specialist centre for a range of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics.
Join us for our first Theatre and Mediroom Conference on the 21 March 2020.
Date: Satuday 21 March
Times: 09.00 - 16.30
Location: Learning and Research Building, Southmead Hospital, Bristol. BS10 5NB.
What can you expect on the day?
- A chance to hear first-hand what it is like to work in Theatres as part of a Major Trauma Centre and to hear about our innovative Medirooms, combining the traditional recovery, day-case, same day and admission areas into a single patient room enviroment.
- An opportunity to network with Theatre Practitioners from across the South West, along with FREE lunch and refreshments on the day.
- An exciting programme of events, including the opportunity to choose from a selection of interactive workshops and seminars, providing FREE CPD training (which can also be used as participatory hours for Revalidation).
- Joy at Work - hosted by Andrea Young, Chief Executive
- Major Trauma - the perils and pitfalls of delivering a first class service - hosted by Dr Ben Walton, Consultant in Critical Care and Anaesthesia and Clinical Lead for Major Trauma
- Quality Improvement in Theatres - hosted by Anne Pullyblank- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
- Emergency Airway Simulation
- Intra-operative Cell Salvage
- Advanced Airway Workshop
- Knee Replacement Workshop
- Caring for Patients Having Awake Craniotomy
- Supporting New Staff in Preceptorship in Theatres and Medirooms
- ABC in Post Anaesthetics Care Units (PACU)
- The Patient's Journey in Medirooms: Video and Panel Discussion
- New Vessel Health Guidelines and Vessel Assessment Workshop
Who is this event open to?
We welcome experienced and newly qualifying Nurses and Operating Department Practitioners the opportunity to attend our Theatre and Mediroom Conference.
This event is FREE to both internal and external delegates.
How do you book your place?
Once you have a registered your interest, a member of the team will be in touch to formally confirm your place at this event.
For queries about this event, please email Theatre.MediroomRegistration@nbt.nhs.uk
Keep an eye on our Facebook event page for future updates on this event!