Specialist Medicine Nurse - Gastroenterology, Haematology & Infectious Diseases
Come and work with us in our Specialist Medicine Wards! Within Ward 8A we have 33 – 35 beds and cover three specialities, Gastroenterology, Haematology and infectious Diseases, and Ward 27B is our Respiratory Unit where we have a 16 bedded isolation suite with 8 high dependency beds where we treat patients with acute respiratory needs.
Working within our Specialist department offers a fantastic opportunity to take a role with:
- Study days - Twice yearly Respiratory study day
- Opportunity to Job shadow – with Respiratory Nurse Specialists
- Gateway - to transfer to other units, ED/ITU
- Training - in care for patients on Non Invasive Ventilation and patients with Tracheostomy
- Professional Development – to work in our Regional Specialist Unit for complex and rare infections
- Links to a wider multi-disciplinary team – our Haematology 24 hour service is staffed with consultant Haematologists, Biomedical Scientists and Medical Laboratory assistants
- Very supportive strong leader - visible role model with open door policy
With a great opportunity to take charge of the ward with a Band 6 colleague to develop your co-ordination and leadership skills this is a role not to be missed!
Or to find out more about this department or other roles available, contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Please note that this is for qualified nurses only and any non-nursing submissions made will not receive a response.