Our Theatre service boasts 34 operating theatres and interventional suites delivering a wide range of pioneering surgery. We are the Major Trauma Centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics. We currently have opportunities available for Theatre Practitioners within the following specialities- Anaesthetics, Scrub, Recovery and Admissions
The roles within Theatres:
Theatre Practitioner- Anaesthetics
- To act as the anaesthetic assistant for a variety of specialities carried out within the department as directed.
- To assist in the handover of care to the Medi-Room area
Theatre Practitioner- Scrub
- Provide instruments and supplies to the surgeons during all surgical procedures whether under local or general anaesthetic
- Act as the circulating practitioner for a variety of surgical specialities
Theatre Practitioner- Recovery and Admissions
- Being responsible for assessment, planning, provision, maintenance and evaluation of care for patients in the Medi-Room environment
- Identifying individual patient requirements and acting effectively on changing needs, liaising with and directing relevant staff
- To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes in a patient’s condition or situation
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Why work with us?
These posts provide an excellent opportunity to work within a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued.
We will offer you support in extending your skills through the following:
- An opportunity to work within a pioneering service.
- Variety- you will have the opportunity to work with a varied case load and provide direct care for a diverse range of patients
- Professional Development- access available to a Peri-Operative Development Team to support and facilitate induction and development
- Induction and orientation programme and a supernumerary period
- Regular in-house training programmes and free access to the NBT Theatre Conference
Or to find out more about this department or other roles available, contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Please note that this is for qualified nurses/ODPs only and any non-nursing submissions made will not receive a response.