By partnering with the local Job Centre Plus, South Gloucestershire College and local schools, we can provide work experience opportunities through either the Sector Based Work Academy or a Traineeship.
These programmes give job seekers and young people the opportunity to:
- Work with skilled and experienced people in the healthcare sector
- Experience high quality training and work experience
- Apply for jobs and apprenticeships within the Trust
- Gain a Level 1 Certificate in Employability Skills
- Access support with developing maths and English skills
- Gain skills and knowledge that will benefit any job or career
- Obtain a valuable reference for future employment
Whilst gaining hands-on work experience, you will also attend training sessions on maths and English, CV writing, communication, problem solving and team work. You will also be supported to achieve a Level 1 Certificate in Employability Skills from City & Guilds.
The Practice Development Team at North Bristol NHS Trust have achieved numerous accreditations and awards, including:
- ‘Good’ OFSTED rating with outstanding elements in learner progression and support
- A City & Guilds Approved Centre
- Skills for Health & NHS Health Education ‘South West Employer Award’ & ‘South West Provider Award’ 2013-2014
- The National Skill Academy ‘Lead Employer Partner’
- National Apprenticeship Service ‘Apprenticeships Award: Macro Employer of the Year’ Regional Winner 2013.
- Matrix Quality Standard for Information, Advice and Guidance Services
Accessing Traineeships & Sector Based Work Academy
The Traineeship has given me the opportunity to get into NBT and they have supported me all the way to employment. I am now on a well-defined pathway to progress and further my career in healthcare.