Visitors to Maternity
Please use the main maternity reception to enter and exit our Maternity Services at Southmead, including AAU and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign in and given a lanyard.
- If you are a visitor, we kindly request you wear your lanyard at all times.
- Please keep noise in this area, and within the wards, to a minimum.
- When leaving, please ensure you sign yourself out and return your lanyard.
However, please use the Central Delivery Suite entrance if:
- You are in labour and are planning on birthing at either Mendip Birth Centre or the Central Delivery Suite. If your birth partner needs to move the car, get bags etc after your arrival, they will be allowed out of this door for that purpose.
- You are having scans on the Central Delivery Suite including fetal medicine scans.
- You are having treatment on CDS including ECVs.
Entry and exit from any other route is not permitted without speaking to a member of staff. We appreciate your co-operation.
If you have any questions, please speak to your midwife or a member of the security team.
Maternity visiting times are:
- Partner and own children (including step-children) 10am - 8pm
- Other visitors: 2pm - 4.30pm and 6.30pm - 7.30pm two visitors plus partner at a time, only children over 13.
Please do not visit if you have had symptoms of diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours and do not bring in unwell sibling(s).
Flowers are not allowed within the maternity unit.
Please use the alcohol hand gel provided when you enter and leave the unit.
Upon arrival, you will need to report to the maternity reception. Security passes will be issued to all visitors. Please wear them at all times and hand back to reception when you leave.
There are different visiting times for Central Delivery Suite, please ask Midwife in Charge.