Active Birth Preparation Class
This class is more about physiological release of ligaments, fascia and muscle, giving space for your baby to be in the most usual position ready for birth. You will both be taught essential movements and exercises that will enable you to feel more comfortable during pregnancy but also prepare for birth and progress through labour and birth as nature intended. You and your birth support partner will learn how to help relieve any discomfort you feel during your pregnancy and to open space in the pelvis during birth for your baby to be born safely. Your birth support partner will need to attend this class, to learn the different techniques.
Benefits of doing this course:
Have a more comfortable pregnancy, by regular safe exercise, with an option to purchase a digital download of exercises
- Have a more comfortable pregnancy, by regular safe exercise, with an option to purchase a digital download of exercises
- Having techniques which may encourage a baby who may be in a back-to-back position to rotate to an anterior position for a more comfortable labour
- Reduce pelvic pain, by relaxing the fascia and muscles of the abdomen and pelvis
- May reduce some common ailments of pregnancy e.g. heartburn, cramping, sciatica and oedema
- Learn some positional movements during labour to assist baby to rotate and birth calmly
The techniques taught are useful during your pregnancy for your comfort and enabling space for your baby to adopt the most usual position for birth and ease of labour. At NBT we are able to offer this class at a reduced rate of £40, for a 2.5 hour class.
This class is unique, and complements the Hypnobirthing class so well. If you would like to book I have classes running on Tuesday evenings 7pm until 9.30pm each month, would be pleased to offer you a choice of dates. Email Wendy on firstname.lastname@example.org