Frenchay and Southmead Hospitals hitting targets
Wednesday, 4 May 2011
North Bristol NHS Trust has maintained its performance against national targets over the last 12 months across Frenchay and Southmead Hospitals.
Hard-working staff at the hospitals, and those working in the community, have ensured that the trust has delivered its Department of Health operational targets over the past 12 months.
The trust has achieved the:
- national Cancer Standards for waiting times and treatment plans
- 18 week referral to treatment times, bucking the national trend*
- access to diagnostics and audiology targets
- Choose & Book slot availability targets for patient to receive an appointment
- 95% Emergency Department and Minor Injuries Unit 4 hour target
Ruth Brunt, chief executive of North Bristol NHS Trust, said: “Access to treatment is a pre-requisite of delivering exceptional healthcare with prompt access in most cases having an impact on clinical outcomes.
“These results have been achieved through good team work and forward planning by our operation team.
“We do still need to focus on reducing the number of cancelled operations, but we have seen a significant improvement in the last few months.
“We also need to reduce the number of outpatient appointments that patients do not attend. The public can help us with this by making sure they tell us if they cannot make their appointment so that it can be offered to someone else.”
*On 18 week referral to treatment time according to the Kings fund Report: Waiting times in England at 3 year high April 21 2011.