Macmillan Citizens Advice Bureau
The Bristol Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) Macmillan-funded Benefits Advice Service offers dedicated benefits advice to anyone diagnosed with, or treated for, cancer in the Bristol area. Since its establishment in 2009, they have helped thousands of people access millions of pounds worth of benefits or grants to help manage the extra costs of living with cancer.
Having cancer can be expensive – often people’s income goes down and their expenditure goes up. People face extra costs for heating, travel to and from hospital, childcare and a special diet, as well as struggling to keep their jobs and maintain their mortgage or rent payments.
The Bristol CAB-Macmillan Benefits Advice Service helps by:
- Offering advice on benefits people can claim
- Supporting clients to complete often very complicated benefit applications
- Supporting clients with appeals against benefit decisions
- Giving information on charitable grants available including Macmillan grants
- Giving information on the cost of hospital transport and car parking
- Providing advice or signposting clients to further advice on employment issues, housing and debt.
To arrange an appointment, please contact Helen Hebbron on email email@example.com or telephone 0117 9462563. The Macmillan Benefits Service at Citizens Advice Bristol will then get in contact to arrange an appointment at a location convenient to you. Telephone Appointments are made if you are unable to travel to an appointment
If you would like more information about Financial advice, you can always talk to one of us here at the Centre or visit www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/financial-guidance