At Outlook, we can support you in a number of different ways including:
- Appearance-related distress adjusting to a visible difference or changed appearance
- Difficulties in dealing with other people’s reactions
- Coping with emotional issues e.g. anxiety, worries, feeling low
- Building confidence or self-esteem, including social situations
- Adjusting to loss and grief e.g a change in your body
- Help getting back to previous activities or adjusting to new ones e.g. getting back to work/study, social activity
- Managing psychological trauma following an accident, injury, surgery or other treatments
- Support with decision-making and/or preparing for surgery or other medical treatments
- Signposting you to other services
We look to understand an individual’s appearance-related concerns, across all cultural and/or ethnic backgrounds, in helping them overcome their distress around an altered, unusual or changed appearance.
Information on Psychology Sessions
At Outlook, we use evidence based therapies to support people based on their specific needs . This will be discussed in your initial appointment. The main approaches adopted are: Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT), and Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
As well as having a safe and supportive space to talk, we will often explore:
• Ways to handle difficult thoughts, feelings, or sensations so they have less impact on you
• Clarifying what matters to you (your personal values)
• Taking steps towards your goals
Outlook offer both one-to-one and group sessions both face-to-face and using online platforms. For more information about how sessions are structured, please see the 'Patient Information' page.
The admin office is staffed Monday to Thursday 9am to 3pm. Outside of these times please leave a message or email us and we will get back to you.
Outlook & Clinical Health Psychology
Office 3, Gate 38, Level 3