At Outlook, we can support you in a number of different ways including:
- Appearance-related distress adjusting to a visible difference or changed appearance
- Difficulties in dealing with other people’s reactions
- Coping with emotional issues e.g. anxiety, worries, feeling low
- Building confidence or self-esteem, including social situations
- Adjusting to loss and grief e.g a change in your body
- Help getting back to previous activities or adjusting to new ones e.g. getting back to work/study, social activity
- Managing psychological trauma following an accident, injury, surgery or other treatments
- Support with decision-making and/or preparing for surgery or other medical treatments
- Signposting you to other services
Information on Psychology sessions
At outlook, we use evidence based therapies to support people based on their specific needs . This will be discussed in your initial appointment. The main models we use are: Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT), and Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
As well as having a safe and supportive space to talk, we will often explore:
• Ways to handle difficult thoughts, feelings, or sensations so they have less impact on you
• Clarifying what matters to you (your personal values)
• Taking steps towards your goals.
The admin office is staffed Monday to Thursday 9am to 3pm. Outside of these times please leave a message or email us and we will get back to you.
Outlook & Clinical Health Psychology
Office 3, Gate 38, Level 3