We are working hard to keep our staff and patients safe - please help us by following the guidance provided.
Covid-19 cases in Bristol and surrounding areas are high and as a hospital it is so important we protect our patients who are at higher risk of serious illness.
To reduce infection we all have a responsibility to continue handwashing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and getting vaccinated.
In line with NHS guidance, visiting restrictions will remain in place and everyone on site will be asked to remove their own face coverings and wear a surgical mask provided at entrance points.
If you, or anyone in your household, tests positive or develops coronavirus symptoms, please phone the number on your appointment letter to rearrange your appointment.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough, shortness of breath or any flu like symptoms
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
If you have any concerns, please talk to a member of staff.
On the day of your appointment
- Please come alone unless you require a carer to accompany you or have been advised otherwise.
- Please only come at your appointment time.
While you are with us, please remember Hands. Face. Space.
- Wash or sanitise your hands upon arrival and frequently while in the hospital.
- Please wear a surgical mask at all times. These are provided at the hospital entrance.
- Maintain social distancing and wait in the designated areas.
- Less seating capacity means you may be asked to wait outside or in your car.
- Please leave the building promptly after your appointment.
Patients coming in for surgery
- You must take a Covid-19 PCR test 3 days before your surgery. We will arrange this for you.
- You must then self-isolate after taking the Covid-19 PCR test until you come into hospital.
- Self-isolating minimises the risk of you contracting Covid-19 prior to surgery, which could affect your recovery and endanger other patients.
- If you fail to self-isolate, we may rearrange your surgery date.
- A relative can drop you off at the theatre reception, but they will then be asked to leave to reduce the numbers of people in the hospital. Patients in hospital for surgery can have one visitor per day, 11am – 7pm.
This information is subject to change according to new government guidance.
© North Bristol NHS Trust. Published July 2021. NBT003297