Southmead Hospital Bristol
Southmead Hospital, Southmead Road, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, BS10 5NB
The Minor Injuries Unit is open 7 days a week from 9am. Patients can be booked in up to 8pm.
Visiting times are between 2.30pm-4.30pm and 6.30pm-8.30pm daily in most wards. Intensive Care, Acute Assessment Unit, Maternity, NICU and the children’s ward may operate a more flexible visiting time system.
Telephone number: 0117 950 5050
Download Southmead Hospital Site Map.pdf
Download Southmead Hospital Bristol site map as of 28 May.pdf Please note: this map comes into effect on the 28 May when the Brunel building opens.
- The section of Monks Park Avenue with the junction with A38 Filton Road will be closed week commencing Monday 14 April.
- Due to infrastructure works around the site, please allow more time for your journey to and from Southmead. Building works & road works will continue to affect access.
- There are 3 way lights at the Dorian Way roundabout whilst the new roundabout is constructed outside the new Brunel Main Entrance.
Southmead Hospital has patient and visitor parking. Visitors and patients are requested to use these parking facilities and respect the local neighbours by not parking in adjacent streets. Please allow sufficient time to park or consider using alternative forms of transport.
Please be aware that parking restrictions will be implemented on 3 roads Kenmore Crescent, Kenmore Grove and Kenmore Drive, in the Monks Park Avenue area. These restrictions mean that parking on these roads will be limited to residential permit holders only, Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm. If you park in these areas you may be fined or your vehicle towed away.
All patient and visitor parking is Pay & Display. Charges apply 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Tariffs are clearly displayed in all public car parks. Remember to bring sufficient change to pay for your parking. For long term parking contact the OCS office.
Southmead Hospital car parking charges:
- 0 – 2 hours £2.50
- 2 – 4 hours £4
- 4 – 6 hours £6
- 6 – 8 hours £7
- 8 – 24 hours £8
- 7 day ticket £15
Disabled drivers, displaying a blue badge, park free of charge and disabled parking spaces are provided in most public car parks. If there are no available disabled spaces you may park in any space within a public car park free of charge provided that you display your blue badge. Please do not park in staff car parks as only permit holders may park in these areas, particularly as some are barrier controlled and a barrier card is needed to exit them.
To help plan your journey to Southmead Hospital visit Transport Direct.
- M4 junction 19 take the M32 towards Bristol. Leave the M32 at the first exit, (A4174 signposted Parkway).
- Turn right at the roundabout.
- Proceed along the dual carriageway.
- At Filton Hill round about (junction with A38) go straight across onto B4056 Southmead Road.
- Go straight across the double mini roundabout. The hospital is 250 yards beyond the roundabout on left.
- At junction 17 leave motorway towards Bristol (W). Take fourth available exit off roundabout on to A4018 (Cribbs Causeway).
- Take second available exit off roundabout onto A4018 (Cribbs Causeway).
- Take first available exit off roundabout on to A4018.
- Take second available exit off roundabout on to A4018 (Passage Road).
- Take third available left on to Greystoke Avenue.
- Turn right at mini-roundabout on to Doncaster Road.
- Turn left on to B4056 (Southmead Road). Arrive at BS10 5NB
For information on travelling by Bus to Southmead Hospital Bristol visit:
- First Bus, 0845 602 0156. Buses serving Southmead: 17 Kingswood, 18 Emersons Green, 24 Ashton Vale, 76 Hengrove, 82 Yate.
- Wessex Connect, 0117 969 8661. Buses serving Southmead: 501 Avonmouth, 502 Shirehampton, 505 Long Aston P&R, 506 Harbour.
The 18, 82, 501 & 502 services provide 6 buses an hour to and from Bristol Parkway Station. Most services stop right outside the Brunel building main entrance. For the most up to date information contact either Traveline 0871 200 2233 or the appropriate bus company.
If you need to travel between Frenchay and Southmead Hospitals the First Bus number 18 service stops outside Frenchay and on Southmead site.
For information on cycling visit Better by Bike. Cycle racks at Southmead Hospital are available at various locations including by hospital main entrance, AOC, Beech Building, Monks Park House and Learning & Research.