The Procurement Strategy for 2014 to 2019 has been produced to present the corporate vision and strategic aims of the Bristol & Weston NHS Purchasing Consortium (B&WPC).
Its underlying purpose is to positively influence procurement for all Constituent and Client Organisations in the delivery of high quality healthcare to patients and the community, through a philosophy of best value and practice.
It has been developed to address the total supply chain, the eight key components are:
- Delivering cost efficiencies and productivity gains
- Improving outcomes at reduced cost through clinical procurement partnerships
- Improving leadership and capability of procurement across the constituent organisations
- Strengthening procurement governance
- Improving data, information and transparency
- Sustainable procurement policy and practice
- Fair and equitable trading
- Corporate and social responsibility