In partnership with the University of the West of England, North Bristol NHS Trust delivers the specialist module: Principles of Neuroscience
This 20 credit Level 3/Masters blended learning module is suitable for nurses and Health Care Professionals in both the acute/primary, adult and paediatric settings who have a particular interest in the Neurosciences and practice at Band 4 and above, and with evidence of recent study at intended level.
Key Aims – to facilitate the enhancement of the learners’ knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable them to apply evidence-based practice and critically appraise developments in the neuroscience field and promote quality initiatives to measure and improve outcomes.
What’s on the programme?
- Understanding the pathophysiology of patients within a neuroscience setting
- Holistic awareness – psychosocial aspects of neurosciences patient centred care
- Contemporary practice, management and professional issues
- Reflection and planning – Timeline – self-directed e-learning
- Transition practice from paediatric to adult neuroscience care
Teaching methods include; ‘live’ brain dissection, workshops, lectures, seminars, timeline, group work and online resource.
The assignment comprises of three components: Timeline Presentation; Supporting Essay and Professional Development Profile (PDP).
Further details about the course content, structure and fees are available via the University of the West of England website.
Principles of Neuroscience
For further information about the Neurosciences course and masterclasses, please contact Sue Blackwell, Specialist Course Administrator, email@example.com.