In partnership with the University of the West of England, North Bristol NHS Trust delivers the specialist module: Principles of Neuroscience
This 20 credit Level 3/Masters blended learning module is suitable for nurses and Health Care Professionals in both the acute/primary, adult and paediatric settings who have a particular interest in the Neurosciences and practice at Band 4 and above, and with evidence of recent study at intended level.
Key Aims – to facilitate the enhancement of the learners’ knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable them to apply evidence-based practice and critically appraise developments in the neuroscience field and promote quality initiatives to measure and improve outcomes.
What’s on the programme?
- Understanding the pathophysiology of patients within a neuroscience setting
- Holistic awareness – psychosocial aspects of neurosciences patient centred care
- Contemporary practice, management and professional issues
- Reflection and planning – Timeline – self-directed e-learning
- Transition practice from paediatric to adult neuroscience care
Teaching methods include; ‘live’ brain dissection, workshops, lectures, seminars, timeline, group work and online resource.
The assignment comprises of three components: Timeline Presentation; Supporting Essay and Professional Development Profile (PDP).
Further details about the course content, structure and fees are available via the University of the West of England website.