Southmead Hospital Bristol
Brunel building: 10am to 8pm with protected meal times from 12pm to 2pm. Some ward visiting times may slightly differ depending on the clinical condition of those particular patients. Intensive Care Unit & Acute Medical Unit operate a more flexible system.
Maternity: Partner and own children 10am to 8pm. Other visitors: 2pm to 4.30pm and 6.30pm to 7.30pm 2 visitors plus partner at a time, only children over 13.
NICU: For people other than parents 2pm to 3pm and 6.30pm to 7pm.
Telephone number: 0117 9505050
Bromley Heath Viaduct Roadworks: Essential repair works began on Monday 24 July 2017 on the A4174 ring road. Your journey to hospital may take more time. For mroe information visit www.southglos.gov.uk
Please be aware, it can take 15 minutes to walk the length of the Brunel building Atrium. There is a motorised buggy available which seats six.
Take a virtual walk through the Atrium of the Brunel, see where you can check in for your outpatient appointment and find where the gates are located throughout the building.
- The Brunel multi-storey, Gloucester House, Emergency Department (ED) and Women & Children's car parks are pay on foot or pay by phone App Glide. You can download Glide via iTunes at https://itunes.apple.com or Google Play at https://play.google.com
- Patient drop off bays are available inside the Brunel multi-storey car park where you can park for up to 20 minutes free of charge. There is a patient waiting room located next to the drop off bays.
- Monks Park car park is pay and display.
- Tyndalls Way temporary short stay overflow car park is pay by cash only.
- Parking charges apply 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Disabled drivers displaying a blue badge can park free of charge. Disabled bays are provided in all public car parks. If there aren't any disabled bays available, you can park in a public car park space free of charge as long as you display your blue badge.
- Motorcycle parking is free of charge and parking areas are outlined on the Southmead Hospital Bristol Site Map.
- Parking on double yellow lines is forbidden, including blue badge holders.
- The Beaufort Way car park is barrier controlled as it is staff only.
- All women in active labour at the Mendip Birth Centre or the Central Delivery Suite (CDDS) and their partners, can benefit from free parking. Ask your midwife for details.
For long term parking options or if you are having difficulty parking, particularly in an emergency, please telephone the Parking team on 0117 4143334, who will try and assist you.
Southmead Hospital car parking charges:
- 0 – 2 hours £3.50
- 2 – 4 hours £5
- 4 – 6 hours £7
- 6 – 8 hours £8
- 8 – 24 hours £9.50
- 7 day ticket £30
Please respect the local neighbours’ by not parking in adjacent streets. Be aware that there are parking restrictions on many of these roads with parking limited to residential permit holders only, Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm.
Southmead Hospital is served by many bus services stopping on site outside the main entrance to the Brunel building or very close by, making it easier than ever to travel to and from here by bus.
- 17 Kingswood/Keynsham, provided by www.firstgroup.com, Southmead Hospital Bay G.
- 18 Emersons Green/Henbury, provided by www.firstgroup.com, Southmead Hospital Bay G.
- 18A Avonmouth/Emersons Green, provided by www.firstgroup.com, Southmead Hospital Bay G.
- 24 Ashton Vale, provided by www.firstgroup.com, Southmead Hospital Bay F.
- 77 Centre/Thornbury, provided by www.firstgroup.com, Southmead Hospital Bay F.
- 82 Yate, provided by www.firstgroup.com, Southmead Hospital Bay F.
- 505 Long Ashton, provided by www.wessexbus.com, Southmead Hospital Bay E.
- 506 Create Centre, provided by www.wessexbus.com, Southmead Hospital Bay E.
- 508 Avonmouth, provided by www.wessexbus.com, Southmead Hospital Bay E.
All buses that are due to terminate at Southmead Hospital will do so at Bay H.
Vsit Traveline for a more detailed route plan of your journey which include bus times and route maps.
Download the Travelwest Bus Checker app to find your nearest bus stops, real time information on your next bus and detailed route maps.
For more information about bus services in your area, visit your local bus services website.
Cycle parking is provided and detailed in the Southmead Hospital Bristol Site Map. You can plan your route on CycleStreets. Spare locks and emergency repair kits are available in the Security Travel and Parking office, Brunel building, Level 1.
At Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway you can hire a Brompton bike to cycle to the Hospital. For more information visit www.bromptonbikehire.com
Bromley Heath Viaduct Roadworks
Essential repair works began on Monday 24 July on the A4174 ring road. Your journey to hospital may take more time. For mroe information visit www.southglos.gov.uk
- M4 junction 19 take the M32 towards Bristol. Leave the M32 at the first exit, (A4174 signposted Parkway).
- Turn right at the roundabout.
- Proceed along the dual carriageway.
- At Filton Hill round about (junction with A38) go straight across onto B4056 Southmead Road.
- Go straight across the double mini roundabout. The hospital is 250 yards beyond the roundabout on left.
- At junction 17 leave motorway towards Bristol (W). Take fourth available exit off roundabout on to A4018 (Cribbs Causeway).
- Take second available exit off roundabout onto A4018 (Cribbs Causeway).
- Take first available exit off roundabout on to A4018.
- Take second available exit off roundabout on to A4018 (Passage Road).
- Take third available left on to Greystoke Avenue.
- Turn right at mini-roundabout on to Doncaster Road.
- Turn left on to B4056 (Southmead Road). Arrive at BS10 5NB