The SWGLH works with the Genomics Unit in NHS England, and as of February 2021 the SWGLH is aligned with the activity of the South West Genomics Medicine Service Alliance (SWGMSA), to ensure that genomic laboratory services are aligned with national policy and with the needs of the SW population.
Our main NHS Acute hospital partners are the 9 Trusts that provide acute care for the SW England population of about 5 million people:
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust in partnership with Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Oversight and governance of the SWGLH and the SWGMSA are currently provided by a Partnership Board which meets regularly and is accountable to an oversight board consisting of the CEOs of the acute Trusts in the NHS and onward to NHS England and the Genomic Unit.
This page was last updated at 18:16 on Tuesday 8th March 2022