The extra support provided by volunteers is essential to the successful running of our hospitals and greatly improves our patients’ experiences.
We are extremely proud of our volunteers and the work they do is hugely appreciated by everyone – staff, patients and visitors.
Our volunteers tell us it’s a great way to meet new people, make new friends and learn new skills while knowing you are making a difference and having a positive impact.
Volunteers may be needed in the following roles and areas:
- Mealtime Assistants
- Southmead Hospital Move Makers
- Cossham Hospital Move Makers
- Mobile Shop
- Memory Café
- Arts and Crafts
- Emergency Department
- Breast Care Clinic
- Speech and Language
- Macmillan Wellbeing Centre
- Fresh Arts Programme
- Southmead Hospital Charity Fundraising
- League of Friends Coffee Shop
To find out more information about each role and area, download:
Become a Volunteer
- We ask for a minimum of 3 hours help a week for at least 6 months
- Hours are flexible to fit around you
- Volunteers who work 4 hours or more may be eligible for travel expenses
If you would like to know more about any of these opportunities please get in touch with: