On 5 July 2021, North Bristol NHS Trust will join up with local Health and Care partners to deliver a weeklong virtual tour of the Nursing Pathway called “First Steps into Nursing”. The First Steps into Nursing programme is aimed at young people between the ages of 14 and 18 years of age who are thinking about a career in health and care.
The programme includes five live webinars at 10 am each morning, covering:
- an introduction to careers in health and care
- interviews with care workers, nursing apprentices and nurses
- essential communication skills
- simulation exercises hosted by University Hospitals Bristol and Weston, including an A&E situation
- tips on applications, apprenticeship searches and the interview process
Throughout the week, we hope to answer some of the questions young people may have about becoming a Nurse. Will I like being a Nurse? How long will it take me to become a Nurse? How will I study? And is there a degree apprenticeship route?
As part of the programme, all participants will complete a final assignment focused on the information contained within the modules and webinars. Each student will receive feedback and will also receive information on their possible next steps in their journey.
If you know a young person who would like to discover more about this amazing and rewarding career pathway, then sign up to our First Steps into Nursing programme.