Consultant doctors and junior doctors who are members of the British Medical Association (BMA) will be taking national strike action at a number of NHS trusts, including North Bristol NHS Trust in September and October 2023.
The industrial action is a national dispute between the Government and Trades Unions about terms and conditions, and will take place on the following days:
- Consultant Doctors from 7am on 19 September until 7am on 21 September 2023
- Junior Doctors from 7am on 20 September until 7am on 23 September 2023
- Consultant Doctors and Junior Doctors from 7am on 2 October until 7am on 5 October 2023.
Junior Doctors who are members of the Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association (HCSA) will also be striking on the same days.
Patient safety is our top priority. We have tried and tested plans in place and are committed to keeping disruption caused by the industrial action to a minimum.
If you have an appointment at our hospitals please attend unless you hear from us. Please don’t call to check if your appointment is going ahead. We will be in touch with patients directly if we need to rearrange an appointment.
Our emergency department (ED)
Our emergency department remains open 24 hours a day, if you have a life-threatening emergency.
Please be aware that our hospitals, like the wider NHS and local health and care system, are really busy:
- If you have a minor illness or minor injury, local GP surgeries and pharmacies are open.
- If you have an urgent medical problem that isn’t an emergency and aren’t sure what to do, contact 111 first online or by phone – they will provide immediate medical advice and direct you to the best care for your needs.
We continue to welcome family members and loved ones to visit patients at our hospitals. You can read our visitor policy here.