The demolition of Monks Park House, which has been closed for a number of years, will commence on Monday 11 October 2021. During this time half of Monks Park car parking spaces will be unavailable. No hospital services will be affected.
For our patients and visitors please visit our parking pages to see alternative parking spaces including our Brunel multi-storey car park which has more than 400 spaces for patients and visitors to use.
We will be continuing our efforts to encourage our staff to consider active travel by utilising our range of support including bike loans scheme and discounted bus tickets.
The work will take place Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm and is forecasted to be completed by the end of the year.
Enabling work has already begun to ensure the disruption is kept to an absolute minimum including:
- Security barriers around the site.
- Environmental monitoring stations to ensure we minimise dust, noise and vibrations.
- Water mist bowsers to stop dust spreading off-site.
- Bat boxes in nearby trees in case any bats are roosting in the roof (although three bat surveys over recent months have not detected any).
- Protection for trees to ensure the surrounding green spaces continue to thrive.
We are currently looking at how we can best develop and improve our site, and this includes the future of Monks Park. We will of course engage with local people as our plans develop.
We would like to thank everyone in advance for their patience and cooperation.