Dr Rebecca Coad, BSc, MSc, PhD
Dr Rebecca Coad, BSc, MSc, PhD
BSLTRU Director of Operations
I have worked at Bristol Speech and Language Therapy Research Unit since 2011, more recently as Director of Operations. In addition to this role I also work as the Research Development Manager within the Research & Innovation office at North Bristol NHS Trust and have an Honorary Lecturer position at the University of Bristol.
My background is in developmental biology and cell therapy, working as a Research Associate at the University of Minnesota USA, before making the move from academia to research management in 2009. My expertise lies in the development, set-up and management of research within the NHS; particularly contract and financial management, obtaining regulatory approvals, delivering complex programmes of research both within acute and primary care settings, people management and strategic planning. My interests lie in maximising the impact of research and ‘adding value.’ I have a particular interest in public patient involvement, specifically how to make it ‘meaningful’ and developing methods for capturing the value/impact.
- Harding, S.A. Coad, R.A. (2016). Supporting and informing speech and language therapy services using the RCSLT Online Outcome Tool (ROOT) for measuring outcomes: Proof of Concept Study. Independent Evaluation for the RCSLT
- Harding, S.A. Coad, R.A. (2016). The RCSLT Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) Outcome Project – An Independent Evaluation for the RCSLT
- Roulstone, S.E., Marshall, J.E., Powell, G.G., Goldbart, J., Wren, Y., Coad, J., Daykin, N., Powell, J., Lascelles, L., Hollingworth, W., Emond, A., Peters., T.J., Pollock, J., Fernandes, C., Moultrie, J., Harding, S.A., Morgan, L., Hambly, H., Parker, N.K, Coad, R.A. (2015). Evidence based intervention for preschool children with primary speech and language impairment – An exploratory mixed methods study. Programme Grants Applied Research 2015;3(5)
- Coad, R. A., Dutton, J. R., Tosh, D., Slack, J. M. W. (2009). Inhibition of Hes1 activity in gall bladder epithelial cells promotes insulin expression and glucose responsiveness. Biochemistry and Cell Biology. 87(6) 975-987 (IF 2.673)
- Coad, R. A., Woodman, A. C., Warner, P. J., Wright, N. A., Barr, H., Shepherd, N. A. (2005). On the histogenesis of Barrett’s oesophagus and its associated squamous islands: a three dimensional study of their morphological relationship with native oesophageal gland ducts. Journal of Pathology. 206 388-394. (IF 6.318)
- Coad, R.A., Woodman A, C., Warner P. J., Barr H., Shepherd N. A. (2004). On the genesis of Barrett's oesophagus: A three dimensional study of the relationship between oesophageal gland ducts, Barrett's oesophagus and associated squamous islands, British Journal of Cancer, vol. 91, page S55 (Abstract). (IF 5.04)
- Coad, R. A., Shepherd, N. A. (2003). Barrett’s oesophagus: definition, diagnosis and pathogenesis. Current Diagnostic Pathology. 9, 218-227. (No. 1 most downloaded article for journal in 6 month period post publication)