What is DrDoctor?
DrDoctor is a Digital Patient Engagement Platform that the Trust is utilising to enable our patients to stay up to date with communications about their appointments and care using a digital portal.
Find out more information about DrDoctor.
Communications from DrDoctor will come from a number ending 039092
Please scroll down this page for further information on:
- Video Consultation
- Quick Question
- Broadcast Messaging
The video consultation service allows patients to have a video call with their clinician as an alternative to a face-to-face appointment where clinically appropriate.
Patients with video appointments from 27 February will have their video consultation appointment through DrDoctor. This service has replaced the previous Attend Anywhere platform.
If you have a video consultation with DrDoctor, you will receive a direct link to your appointment by SMS text message to your UK mobile number or your email address one to two hours before your appointment time.
If you have any questions about your appointment, please call the number provided in your letter.
Why do we offer video consultations?
Video consultations offer a solution for those who find travelling to the hospital for outpatient clinics difficult or inconvenient. It can save time and money and bring care closer to home.
What to expect
- A video appointment runs in the same way as a normal outpatient appointment you would have in hospital but through your mobile device or computer.
- When you are invited to a video consultation appointment, you will receive a letter including the date and time of your appointment as well as asking you to confirm we have the correct UK based mobile number on our records.
- You may also receive a text message or email confirming the booking and reminder messages prior to the appointment day
- You will receive a direct link to your appointment by SMS text message to your UK mobile number or your email address one to two hours before your appointment time.
- Please log in ten minutes before your appointment time to familiarise yourself with the DrDoctor app
- Please know clinics may still run late.
- All messages sent from DrDoctor will be sent from the same mobile number, this will appear from a mobile number ending 9092. All messages sent from this number are genuine and not a scam. Please note, you cannot reply to this number.
- When you receive the link to your appointment, you will be able to view all the appointment details and the button to 'Join the call' will be inactive.
- An hour before your appointment time, the video call button will become active, so you can press it to gain access to the consultation.
To get the most from the video call, we also ask you to:
- Ensure you have access to a laptop or desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- DrDoctor works on Chrome, Safari and Edge. Please note DrDoctor does not work on Internet Explorer.
- Find a quiet area of your home to have the call.
- Have your questions ready for the clinician as you would do if at hospital.
- Be available for up to 45 minutes after your appointment time should the clinician be running late.
If you interested in having video consultations, please speak to the team at North Bristol NHS Trust involved in your care.
What is quick question?
A DrDoctor product that sends a link to patients with a link to a single question. Patients can respond with Yes, No or Unsure. And Hospital staff will take action according to each response.
If you receive a text message form the mobile number ending on 039092 please note this number is genuine and is not a scam. Please note, you cannot reply to this number.
When will Quick Question be used
Quick question will only be used for managing waiting lists and to support your care needs.
For waiting list management depending on your response, we will be in touch with you again with further advice and guidance on next steps. Please be assured that we will not make any changes to your waiting list status unless we hear from you, and any appointment dates you may already have still stand. Please note that any comments attached to your response will only be used to manage our waiting lists and therefore, might not be reviewed by a clinician.
Your response will be crucially important to help us manage our waiting lists and your ongoing care.
if you have a worsening medical problem or concern with an existing condition, and are unsure what to do, please contact your usual healthcare provider ( e.g. your GP or NHS 111) directly.
If you have any queries about the quick question functionality, please speak to the team at North Bristol NHS Trust involved in your care.
What is Broadcast messaging?
This functionality allows the trust to send a text message to large groups of patients and/or staff in one message. You may receive a broadcast message in relation to events such as a major incident at the Trust or unforeseen clinic cancellation.
Text messages will come form a number ending in 039092 please note this number is genuine and is not a scam. Please note, you cannot reply to this number.