What is Attend Anywhere?
Attend Anywhere is a video consultation service provided by North Bristol NHS Trust. Where appropriate, it allows outpatients to have a video call with their consultant as an alternative to a face-to-face conversation.
Why are we doing this?
Video consultations offer a solution for those who find travelling to the hospital for outpatient clinics difficult or inconvenient. It can save time and money, and bring care closer to home. They also enable us to reduce the number of people coming into hospital during the coronavirus outbreak, which keeps everyone safe.
How does it work?
- A video appointment runs in the same way as a normal outpatient appointment that you would have in hospital. The key steps are as follows:
- To begin with, a member of our administration team will get in touch to ask if you’re interested in/will consent to a video consultation.
- You will then be sent an invitation and patient leaflet in advance of your appointment. The leaflet will include a link to the waiting area.
- Come the agreed date and time, you are asked to log in 10 minutes before your appointment slot.
- You will then enter a virtual ‘waiting area’ before speaking to the clinical team member.
- Even in a digital world, the clinic may still run late in which case you’ll receive a message to confirm this (we anticipate that most clinics will run to time within 10-15 minutes).
- As this is a new way of working, after your appointment you may be invited to take part in an anonymous online survey about your experience. Participation in this survey is entirely optional.
To get the most from the video call, we also ask you to:
- Ensure you have access to a laptop or desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Please note that Attend Anywhere only works on Chrome (Windows, MacOS computers) and Safari (MacOS, and mobile iOS devices) browsers. It’s worth being aware of this as a lot of Windows computers default to ‘Internet Explorer’.
- Find a quiet area of your home to have the call.
- Have your questions ready for the consultant as you would do if at hospital.
- Be available for up to 45 minutes after your appointment time should the consultant be running late.
If you would like to see if you can use Attend Anywhere video consultations, please speak to the team at North Bristol NHS Trust involved in your care.