The Trust Board has overall responsibility for the activity, integrity and strategy of the Trust and is accountable, through its Chairman, to the NHS Trust Development Authority and the Secretary of State for Health.
Its role is largely supervisory and strategic and it has six key functions:
- to set strategic direction, define objectives and agree plans for the Trust
- to monitor performance and ensure corrective action
- to ensure financial stewardship
- to ensure high standards of corporate and clinical governance and personal behaviour
- to appoint, appraise and remunerate executives
- to ensure dialogue with external bodies and the local community.
Download committee terms of reference:
Audit and Risk Committee
Southmead Hospital Charity Committee
Finance and Performance Committee
Remuneration and Nomination Committee
People, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Patient & Carer Experience Committee