Please help protect your friends and relatives
- Do not visit if feeling unwell with sickness, diarrhoea, fever, sore throat or flu
- Do not visit for at least 48 hours after symptoms have stopped if you have had diarrhoea and/or vomiting
- Do not sit on patient beds, please use the chairs provided
- Follow our visiting policy, especially if restrictions are in place. If you are unable to do so seek advice from ward staff
- Only 2 visitors should be at the bedside at any one time
- Wash hands regularly with soap and warm water and use the hand gel provided especially after using the toilet
- It is ok to ask staff if they have washed their hands
- Check with staff about bringing in food items. Wrapped sweets are preferable to unwrapped
- Talk to staff if you have concerns about the cleanliness of the ward or public areas
- Use public toilets not patient toilets and remember to wash your hands
If in doubt ask a member of staff for advice.
Brunel building: 10am to 8pm, with protected meal times from 12pm to 2pm. Some wards visiting times may slightly differ depending on the clinical condition of those particular patients. Intensive Care Unit & Acute Assessment Unit operate a more flexible system.
Maternity: Partner and own children 10am to 8pm.Other visitors: 2pm to 4.30pm and 6.30pm to 7.30pm 2 visitors plus partner at a time, only children over 13.
NICU: For people other than parents 2pm to 3pm and 6.30pm to 7pm.