Keeping you COVID safe
To keep yourself and those around you safe, please act responsibly:
- Wash or sanitise your hands upon arrival and frequently.
- Mask wearing is required within ward and clinic areas of our hospitals for patients and visitors, unless exempt. Mask wearing will continue to be optional in the atrium of the Brunel building, but all visitors must put on a face mask when entering wards and outpatient gates where face masks will be made available.
- If you are coming for an appointment, please come no earlier than 15 minutes beforehand and leave promptly afterwards.
- Do not call to check about an appointment. We will contact you directly if there are any changes or cancellations you need to be aware of.
Please help protect your friends and relatives
- Do not visit if you have tested positive for the coronavirus, have coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating.
- Do not visit if feeling unwell with sickness, diarrhoea, fever, sore throat or flu
- Do not visit for at least 48 hours after symptoms have stopped if you have had diarrhoea and/or vomiting. Spreading nasty bugs to people who are already unwell may mean they become more poorly or take longer to recover
- Do not sit on patient beds
- Wash hands regularly with soap and warm water and use the hand gel provided especially after using the toilet
- It is ok to ask staff if they have washed their hands
- Check with staff about bringing in food items. Wrapped sweets are preferable to unwrapped
- Talk to staff if you have concerns about the cleanliness of the ward or public areas
- Use public toilets not patient toilets and remember to wash your hands
- If in doubt ask a member of staff for advice
In line with the Government’s new guidance, we have updated our visiting arrangements.