Keeping you COVID safe
To keep yourself and those around you safe, please act responsibly and always remember Hands. Face. Space.
- Wash or sanitise your hands upon arrival and frequently.
- Wear a surgical face mask at all times, these are provided at the hospital entrances, unless you are exempt. This video shows you how to wear a surgical mask correctly.
- Please maintain social distancing of two metres in hospital.
- Social distancing means there may not be enough space in waiting areas so you may be asked to wait outside or in your car.
- If you are coming for an appointment, please come no earlier than 15 minutes beforehand and leave promptly afterwards.
- Do not call to check about an appointment. We will contact you directly if there are any changes or cancellations you need to be aware of.
Please help protect your friends and relatives
- Do not visit if you have tested positive for the coronavirus, have coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating.
- You cannot accompany someone to an appointment unless you are a carer, they are under 18 or you have been advised otherwise
- Call ahead to the ward to let them know you are coming and to confirm that you do not have coronavirus symptoms
- Do not visit if feeling unwell with sickness, diarrhoea, fever, sore throat or flu
- Do not visit for at least 48 hours after symptoms have stopped if you have had diarrhoea and/or vomiting. Spreading nasty bugs to people who are already unwell may mean they become more poorly or take longer to recover
- Do not sit on patient beds
- Wash hands regularly with soap and warm water and use the hand gel provided especially after using the toilet
- It is ok to ask staff if they have washed their hands
- Check with staff about bringing in food items. Wrapped sweets are preferable to unwrapped
- Talk to staff if you have concerns about the cleanliness of the ward or public areas
- Use public toilets not patient toilets and remember to wash your hands
- If in doubt ask a member of staff for advice
In line with the Government’s new guidance, we have updated our visiting arrangements.