Intensive Care Unit Nursing
The Southmead ICU is within a Major Trauma Centre, and provides regional care for major trauma, neurosurgery, vascular, surgery, renal transplants, burns and plastic surgery, as well as complex elective surgery and medical patients. As one of the fastest growing Intensive Care Units in the country, we strive to deliver safe and exceptional care in our 48 bedded state of the art unit.
Why work with us?
- Access to state of the art facilities- you will be based within our award winning Brunel building, which has recently won Best Acute Hospital Development at the 2017 Building Better Healthcare Awards in London and Best Healthcare Design over 25,000sqm at the European Healthcare Awards
- An comprehensive induction – our induction provides four weeks supernumerary time with a mentor and an ICU Foundation Course which compromises of five study days spread across your first five months, focussed on the following specialist areas- respiratory, gastrointestinal, cardiology, trauma and renal
- Professional Development – we have two dedicated simulation rooms within the department to provide a safe environment for multi-disciplinary professional development. There are also opportunities to obtain teaching qualifications and external ICU courses
- Close multidisciplinary links- we have a large dedicated multidisciplinary team that work together to best support the needs of our patients
- An excellent location - the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
Or to find out more about this department or other roles available, contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Please note that this is for qualified nurses only and any non-nursing submissions made will not receive a response.