Our role in the health and care system
Our role in the health and care system
North Bristol NHS Trust is part of ‘Healthier Together’. We work with other local health and care providers across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire to improve the health and wellbeing of local people. We do this by helping people living in the local area find the right care and best services for their needs.
When you join the NHS, you are doing more than ‘getting a job’. You are joining a family of hard-working, caring and passionate people.
Working at the NHS isn’t always easy but can be very rewarding. You’ll develop personally, professionally and make a positive difference every time you work. By supporting people when they need help, you’ll help our local communities become healthier and stronger. You’ll also get excellent benefits when you work for North Bristol NHS Trust. These include an NHS pension, training, support with childcare and exclusive staff discounts.
Join the NHS for an exciting, positive, and truly rewarding new career.
Work for NBT
Work for North Bristol NHS Trust and you could find yourself in the Brunel building, one of Europe’s leading acute hospitals. North Bristol NHS Trust is a place of opportunity for everyone who works here.
Search #OneNBT and #NBTProud on social media to find out more.
Health and Wellbeing support
We recognise that your health is as important as our patients’ and as such we are proud to provide our workforce with an award-winning wellbeing programme. We’re proud of the holistic approach to wellbeing that our programme takes, focusing support around psychological, physical and lifestyle needs. Current provision our staff have access to includes:
- Staff Wellbeing Psychology Team; available to support staff with a range of services, including Bespoke Team Interventions and consultation, facilitated reflective groups and 1:1 psychological support.
- Employee Assistance Programme; We have partnered with Health Assured, an industry award winning programme, to provide staff and their dependents* with 24/7 free and confidential support with any of life’s challenges.
- Physio Direct; our rapid-access physiotherapy service for staff.
- Green Gym and Allotments; our Green Gym provides and outdoor space for colleagues to exercise, suitable for all staff regardless of fitness level or experience. Next to the Green Gym, we have staff allotments with raised beds, fruit trees, a greenhouse, and a range of fruit, vegetables and flowers which you can get involved in cultivating or just enjoy the space.
Focus on Sustainable Development
In 2019/20, we declared both climate and ecological emergencies in recognition of the fact that we need to do more and at a faster pace to limit our contribution to climate change and the decline of biodiversity. We understand that our staff play a vital role in helping embed sustainable healthcare practices and therefore the Sustainable Development Unit manager a number of initiatives in which staff can get involved with including Green Impact, TravelSmart, Sustainable Models of Care, Environmental Awareness Reps, Ways to Wellbeing and the Southmead Hospital Allotment.
Commitment to equality
Here at North Bristol NHS Trust, we believe in a people first culture and that begins with encouraging our diverse talent in an inclusive environment. We are committed to creating a workplace that maximises the potential of all our people, where everyone is valued and feels empowered to contribute to our Trust mission to provide outstanding patient care and able to do the best work they are capable of.
Our staff networks provide an opportunity to play an active role in supporting decision making about Trust policies and practices and are a place where staff can seek additional support. Our staff network groups include:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Staff Network
- LGBTQ+ Staff Network
- Disabled Staff Network
The Trust is also committed to taking positive action for disabled people and is a Disability Confident employer. We have also signed up to the Mindful Employer charter as we are positive about mental health and taking steps to increase awareness of mental health at work.