At NBTeXtra, we provide internal, flexible, temporary staffing solutions across the Trust. We are currently recruiting for a range of roles to support our North Bristol NHS Trust during a busy period due to COVID-19. Our shifts are mainly based at Southmead Hospital, Bristol.
We offer a range of benefits including:
• Flexible shift patterns to suit your needs
• Access to the NHS Pension scheme
• Free DBS and full training
• Competitive pay rates
If you want to help us during this time, please select the role most suitable below for a further insight and guidance to apply.
If you are a doctor currently registered with the GMC, you can sign up to the locum bank during Covid-19.
We are also offering fixed term positions during Covid-19.
Please apply here: https://bit.ly/MedicalLocumsNBT
Email MedicalPersonnel@nbt.nhs.uk for any queries.
If you have completed your first placement as a student doctor, you will be able to support us as a Healthcare Support Worker through NBTeXtra during Covid-19.
If you have completed your placement at North Bristol NHS Trust, please state this clearly in the supporting information of the application form.
Apply here: http://jobs.nbt.nhs.uk/?_ts=1
Registered Nurses (with current NMC registration)
If you are a Registered Nurse with current NMC Registration, please use the links below to formally submit your application:
Registered Nurses (with lapsed NMC Registration)
The Government has introduced emergency legislation that allows the Nursing and Midwifery Council to create a Covid-19 temporary register. Nursing and Midwifery professional who left the NMC register within the last three years can apply to join the temporary register on the NMC website: https://www.nmc.org.uk/news/coronavirus/temporary-registration.
If you left the NMC Register over 3 years ago (and therefore do not currently qualify for this route), you may be able to work on our NBTeXtra team as a bank Healthcare Support Worker. If this is you, please submit you application: http://jobs.nbt.nhs.uk/job_list/s1/Nursing_Midwifery?_ts=1
Please ensure that you state that you previously worked as a nurse.
Student Nurses are able to join us to support as a Healthcare Support Worker during Covid-19. You will need to have completed your first placement within an acute setting before applying. Please note, this does not need to have been completed at North Bristol NHS Trust.
Please advise on your application the university you are studying in and which year of study you are currently in.
Healthcare Support Workers
Working as a Healthcare Support Worker, key duties will include:
• Being a vital member of the direct care team who supports staff to meet patient needs.
• Providing personal care for patients of all ages and genders, including toileting, showering and bed bathing
• Assisting patients to eat and drink and to maintain good nutrition and fluid intake
• Ensuring clinical area is prepared and maintained as appropriate to individual patient needs.
Do you have experience of working as a Healthcare Support Worker and a desire to play a key role in supporting patients during Covid-19?
Domestic Operative (Cleaner)
Working as a Domestic Operative, key duties will include:
• Playing a vital role in delivering general ward, theatre and departmental cleaning, including infection deep cleans as required
• Ensuring the delivery of high standards of cleanliness required in a hospital environment
• Supporting, where required, with the following duties: movement of patients, consumable products, waste, furniture and medical equipment.
Want to play a key role in supporting the delivery of our cleaning service during Covid-19?
Working as a Porter in our team, key duties include:
• Supporting with patient transfers within the hospital
• Transporting stores and equipment and patient blood samples
• Transport trolleys of food and drink across the Trust
Want to play a key role in supporting the delivery of our portering service during Covid-19?
Please note, you will need to have a clean drivers’ license to be shortlisted for this role as may include driving requirements.
Working as a Catering Assistant in our team, key duties include:
• Serving food in either our Staff Restaurant or Ward Level Patient Meal Service
• Cleaning food premises and equipment
• Preparing vegetables, fruit, salads, sandwiches, toast, beverages and other food items.
• Working as a Pot Wash and supporting the catering stores area
• Working as a ward operative, preparing and serving food directly to patients’
• Working as a kitchen porter, providing additional support as required in our catering preparation unit
Want to play a key role is supporting the delivery of our catering service during Covid-19?