Bristol Urological Institute
Bristol Urological Institute (BUI), based at Southmead Hospital Bristol, is the largest urology department in the South West and one of the largest in the country.
The BUI offers care for all urological conditions including:
- Cancers such as kidney, prostate, bladder and testis
- Stone disease of the kidney
- Incontinence problems
- Benign prostate conditions
- Erectile dysfunction.
Urology services include:
- Outpatients at Southmead Hospital, South Bristol Community Hospital and Clevedon Hospital.
- Inpatient (wards) for surgery and emergencies at Southmead Hospital.
- Outpatients, inpatient, general urology and some surgery at Weston General Hospital
- Urodynamic investigations for those with bladder and benign prostate conditions.
The BUI is also active in Research and Teaching offering you, as a patient, the opportunity to take part in our current research projects.
BUI Diseases & Conditions
Urology is the field of medicine that focuses on the urinary tract and the male genital organs.
The Urology One-Stop Clinic has been set up to provide a more efficient service for newly referred patients with quicker diagnosis.
The BUI run a number of training courses in many urological subspecialties. These include urodynamics, robotics and sacral neuromodulation.
BUI Clinical Research
The Bristol Urologial Institute is involved in research that is trying to understand how we can improve the quality of life of men and women who suffer from these conditions.