Certificate in Urodynamics Course
2015 Course Dates:
- 30 November–2 December – Bristol
- 7–9 December - London
2016 Course Dates:
- 11-13 January - Bristol
- 23-25 May - Birmingham
- 15-18 March - Newcastle
- 6 -8 June - Bristol
- 13-15 June - London
This is a 3-day course that is more concerned with ensuring the quality of urodynamics (UDS) practice, the interpretation of UDS traces, and the role of UDS in the management of the different patient groups. The course finishes at lunchtime on the third day with a multiple choice and trace-based quiz. Passing the quiz gives the delegate a “Certificate of Passing and Attendance”. If a delegate does not pass then he/she is given a “Certificate of Attendance”.
The course is approved by the International Continence Society and has CME approval from the British Association of Urological Surgeons.
Intended delegates: doctors, nurses, technicians and anyone allied to urodynamics who have some urodynamic experience.
- appreciation of the philosophy behind urodynamic studies (UDS) as part of patient investigation
- knowledge of the basic physical principles behind the measurement of flow and pressure
- knowledge of the techniques of basic and specialist urodynamics, including urethral function and video-UDS
- ability to interpret urodynamic traces
- ability to recognise artefacts seen during UDS, and the knowledge of how to correct them
- knowledge of the role of UDS in investigating children, women, men and neurological patients
Course Director: Dr Hashim Hashim
Course Administrator: Karen Evely
The Bristol Certificate of Urodynamic Courses are also held in Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle and London. The format is similar for each course venue and all end with a quiz. The only difference tends to be the start and finish time of the course at each centre.
Fees: £495 (not including accommodation).