Calm and Confident Hypnobirthing @ NBT
Hypnobirthing is an antenatal education programme that teaches you and your birth partner simple but specific self-hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for labour and birth. It was originally developed by qualified hypnotherapist Katherine Graves (KG).
Due to COVID-19 we are offering these courses via live Zoom with our experienced midwives. During this time it is especially important for you to feel calm and confident during your pregnancy and your labour too. We are offering all of our courses at a discounted rate of £120, if you are experiencing financial hardship at this time. I'm also offering a free live Zoom every weekday between 3pm and 4pm, as a social togetherness supprot network, to share coping strategies and positivity.
Hypnobirthing is available at Cossham Hospital, presented by our KG Hypnobirthing trained midwives, and can make a difference to your experience of labour and birth by teaching you:
- self-hypnosis to induce deep relaxation
- massage techniques to release endorphins, the body’s natural analgesia (pain relief)
- robozo techniques – which help to release oxytocin and loosen you pelvic area
- visualisation exercises and affirmations to make you feel calm, confident and positive.
The benefits of hypnobirthing for you
A woman’s body is naturally designed to give birth. Hypnobirthing can help you to work with your body, releasing the fears and worries of birth and replacing it with calmness and confidence. Hypnobirthing empowers you to have a drug free labour, which can result in a more gentle birth. Hypnobirthing is safe and will teach you how to put yourself in control of your birth. You will always be aware of what is happening to you. Hypnobirthing doesn’t mean you will be in a trance or asleep, you will be totally relaxed, able to chat to everyone and be fully in control.
The benefits of hypnobirthing for your partner
Hypnobirthing is a partnership between you and your birth partner. By being supportive and part of the journey your birth partner acts as your advocate and leader, which can enrich and deepen your relationship with each other and your new-born baby.
The benefits of KG hypnobirthing for your baby
The benefit of hypnobirthing for your baby is a calm and gentle birth. Your baby will be born to a serene and relaxed environment, alert and ready to bond with you as nature intended.
How much does the course cost?
The cost of the Calm and Confident Hypnobirthing course is £175.00 and is available at Cossham Hospital, Lodge Road, Kingswood as either a:
- Four-week evening course 7pm to 10pm
- Full weekend course 10am to 5pm
Please bring food for a shared lunch on weekend courses, a great way to make friends!
The course includes:
- a parent’s information pack covering the four-week programme which will be emailed to you a week before the course starts
- a copy of the KG Hypnobirthing book by Katherine Graves
- MP3 containing two hypnobirthing scripts will be emailed to you once you have paid.
How to enrol
To enrol on to the Hypnobirthing course downoad and complete the Calm and Confident Hypnobirthing Enrolment Form.docx and email it to email@example.com.
On receipt of your enrolment form we will email you with available dates and details on how to make your payment.
If you have any questions, please speak to your community midwife.
Mindful Breastfeeding class
Included in the price is our Mindful Breastfeeding class helping couples to understand how what is going on in the brain, affects not only how we feel, but also their breastfeeding journey. This three hour class is best attended around 36 weeks and birth support partner are encouraged to attend, so that they can better support you in your choice to breastfeeding your baby. The course is £40 when you enrol in Calm and Confident Hypnobirthing class.
Benefits of doing this class are:
- Having more confidence in their body's ability to breastfeed
- Understanding their baby's needs better
- Having confidence in their parenting abilities
- Listening to their own instincts
- Worry less about what others think
- Feeling calmer about their situation
- Having a better understanding of their own infant feeding and parenting beliefs
- Feeling more relaxed
- Feeling less pressured to do things a certain way
- Enjoy time with their baby
- Increase milk supply
The benefits of regular deep relaxation are well researched and documented, this is some of them:
- Improves Mental Health
- Reduces Stress
- Reduces Anxiety
- Increases Happiness
- Improves concentration
- Improves cardiac and immune health
- Lowers blood pressure