Diabetes & Endocrinology - For Clinicians
Diabetes & Endocrinology Referrals
Diabetes Rapid Access Clinic
The indications for referral to DRAC are:
- Newly diagnosed type 1 DM
- Newly pregnant with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Recent hyperglycaemia secondary to acute intercurrent illness
- Recent severe and/or frequent hypoglycaemia
Podiatrist-led diabetic foot ulcer clinics running within the main diabetes clinics and consultant-led foot clinics.
Referrals should be made via bleep 9315 or telephone: 07500 027385 or email: email@example.com
Pregnancy in patients with diabetes requires specialist care from the earliest stage, preferably before conception. The following guideline outlines all the areas of care and when referral should occur.
Please fax or post your referral letter for your patient for:
- Multi-professional diabetes clinics
- Endocrine clinic
- Specialist services