The department of Neuropathology at North Bristol NHS Trust provides the following services:
- Clinical neuropathology support for the neurosciences specialties
- Neurosurgical biopsy histology
- Diagnostic pathology of muscle and peripheral nerve, including in-house biopsy facilities
- Neuropathology autopsies
- Macroscopic assessment of fixed brain and spinal cord specimens
- Post-mortem neurohistology
- CSF cytology
For further information, download:
Neuropathology request forms are available from the Neuropathology department and should be completed in full.
Each request received by the laboratory is considered an agreement between the requestor and laboratory for provision of Neuropathology Services.
Refer to the Neuropathology User Manual for further details on requesting tests.
Reports are currently sent by secure email to the requesting Clinician. A hard copy of reports can be obtained by telephoning the departmental secretarial team.
In 2017, the department will be using a new Laboratory Information Management System and the results will be available via ICE.