Rheumatology - For Clinicians
North Bristol NHS Trust provides a comprehensive rheumatology service for common inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis as well as specialised services like complex osteoporosis, connective tissue diseases and transition services for young people.
We have a specialised multidisciplinary team and care pathways based on evidence for best practice and built around patients needs.
General rheumatology referrals
Appointments can be done through NHS eReferrals or by faxing a referral to us.
All referrals are triaged by the consultants. We endeavour to see cases suspected to be early inflammatory arthritis within 3 weeks. If you feel that a sooner appointment is needed contact us directly.
For urgent referrals please contact the rheumatology registrar or the on call rheumatology consultant via switchboard 0117 9505050.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of 7 consultant rheumatologists, SpRs, a junior doctor, specialist nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, orthotics and a clinical psychologist.
We provide services for a wide range of rheumatological conditions in adults including:
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Connective tissue disease and vasculitis
- Widespread pain if an inflammatory condition needs to be excluded
- Complex osteoporosis or metabolic bone disease
Conditions we treat:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Reactive arthritis
- Adults with Junvenile Idiopathic Arthritis and transition services
- Other inflammatory arthritis
- Connective tissue diseases including SLE, scleroderma, Sjogrens, mixed connective tissue diseases.
- Behcet's syndrome
- Giant cell arteritis
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease
- Crystal arthritis (e.g. gout and pseudogout)