Shoulder Post Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for GPs & Health Professionals
These guidelines cover Mr Iain Packham, Mr Mark Crowther, Mr Neil Blewitt & Mr Phil Mc Cann
These guidelines cover the most common shoulder surgery undertaken:
- Sub-acromial Decompression +/- ACJ excision
- Rotator Cuff Repair – standard
- Rotator Cuff Repair – complex
- Shoulder Replacement (TSR, Hemi Arthroplasty, Humeral Head Resurfacing)
- Reverse Geometry Total Shoulder Replacement
- Anterior Shoulder stabilisation
- SLAP repair
- ACJ stabilisation
- ORIF Clavicle Fracture
These guidelines form a staged rehabilitation programme. They are general guidelines and any specific instructions in the post operative notes must take precedence. They are not a substitute for sound clinical reasoning and good communication with the consultant team.
Please be aware that these guidelines have been updated June 2015 – ensure you are using the most recent version.
If you have any queries with regards the patients please contact the Shoulder Physiotherapy Team at Therapies Department, Brunel building, Southmead Hospital or the appropriate consultant