Southmead Hospital provides a fully funded NHS Fertility service now known as the Southmead General Fertility Clinic.
Southmead General Fertility Clinic remains a first step in the secondary care referral process for patients who meet the CCG eligibility criteria.
The clinic provides assessment and treatment for couples apart from assisted conception services.
Male and Female Assessment:
- Full range of diagnostic tests.
- Hormone, androgen profiles.
- Ovarian reserve assessment (e.g. AMH).
- Genetic and chromosome testing.
- Fertility ultrasound scans.
- Tubal testing: Hysterosalpingography (HSG), Laparoscopy and Dye test.
- Repeat semen analysis if required
- Fertility monitoring for clomifene.
- Ovulation induction with FSH and monitoring for anovulation.
- Repair of Fallopian tubes.
- Fertility surgery for Fibroids and Endometriosis.
- Hysteroscopic surgery for Asherman’s or uterine abnormalities.
- Assisted conception treatment advice: expert advice on appropriate treatment options such as IVF/ ICSI/ IUI/ donor sperm and e.g. treatment. Pre-implantation genetic screening.
- Arrange referral for the appropriate assisted conception treatment.
The Southmead General Fertility Clinic complements the excellent range of Reproductive Medicine services provided by the Gynaecology Department at North Bristol NHS Trust including:
- Reproductive Endocrine Clinic (PCOS, Amenorrhoea, Premature ovarian failure, Hirsutism, menopause etc.).
- Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic (patients who have had 3 or more miscarriages).
You can refer into the service via the E-referral system, in order to do this you will need an account, e-referrals log in https://www.ebs.ncrs.nhs.uk/login - information about the services available to you can be found at https://digital.nhs.uk/e-Referral-Service/Document-library. Once a referral is received the Lead Clinician will triage the referral to the correct service and reject any that have been inappropriately referred with a reason for the rejection.