Sleep Disorders Referral
Sleep Disorders Clinic
We offer an outpatient clinic for neuropsychiatric sleep disorders, which includes:
- Assessment by a sleep specialist clinician
- Sleep investigations such as polysomnography and actigraphy where these are indicated
- Diagnosis and recommendations for outpatient treatment.
Polysomnography is carried out during a brief inpatient stay at the Rosa Burden centre.
We accept referrals from GP’s by e-referral and secondary care clinicians by letter to the address below.
We will consider referrals for:
- Hypersomnias e.g. Narcolepsy, Idiopathic Hypersomnia, Klein Levine Syndrome
- Parasomnias e.g. Sleep terrors, Sexsomnia, REM sleep behaviour disorder
- Sleep related movement disorders e.g. Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorders e.g. delayed sleep-wake phase disorder
We don’t accept referrals for:
- Sleep related breathing disorders (please refer to your local respiratory sleep centre)
- Sleep problems due to a primary medical, psychiatric or substance use problem.