Falls Clinic for Older People Referral
Referral Criteria for Hospital Medical Assessment of patients with falls
- Patients with suspected Syncope
- Patients with unexplained dizziness
- Patients with recurrent falls where a cause has not been found despite performing a multi-factorial falls risk assessment or patient is falling despite interventions put in place to manage risks
- Patients who need Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy only
- Patients who have already had a Hospital Medical Assessment of Falls in the last 24 months.
Prior to Referral: GP and community nurse must have carried out a multi-factorial falls assessment including blood tests and accurate medication review as per CCG Integrated Falls Pathway. Please include details of these assessments with referral.
- NHS eReferrals (General Older Person's Medicine and Falls Specialist Medical Assessment at Southmead or Cossham Hospital)
- Written GP referral letter can be faxed to 0117 4149457
- For South Gloucestershire CCG, GPs should use the new GPs Falls Risk Assessment and Referral template
- For community Matrons, Community Nurses for Older People, Community Therapists, REACT team, download: Falls Service Referral Form for Medical Specialist Falls Review.pdf
- Please fax falls clinic referrals from community teams to: 0117 4149457.