AAC WEST provides the following types of training:
- Training for people supporting the AAC user.
- Training for local therapy teams.
Supporting an AAC User
Support is critical to the success of any AAC.
AAC WEST offer the following training packages to ensure that the AAC we have provided is being well supported. These training courses are for anyone supporting someone who has an AAC WEST communication aid.
The courses are run online via Microsoft Teams. Please select the relevant courses to book via Eventbrite. You need a password to book. Your AAC WEST therapist can provide the password or please call 0117 414 5850 to enquire.
a 45 minute introduction to the best way to support the AAC user's learning.
a 30 minute introduction to core and fringe vocabulary.
a 30 minute introduction to pragmatically organised vocabulary.
2 hour personalised training courses for adding vocabulary and editing software.
Local Therapy Teams
Each Local SLT team has an AAC Link Therapist. We run biannual Link Therapy Days. Link therapists are made aware of our upcoming training days and asked to disseminate this information to their wider teams. If your team does not have an AAC Link Therapist and you would be interested in this role, please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We run a number of training days in the following areas:
- AAC Assessment in your local teams
- Access assessment
- Low tech AAC
- Implementing AAC
Upcoming training days:
- We do not currently have any dates available for the above training.
- You can find helpful information and resources for AAC Assessment on our Local AAC Assessment page.
- Please ask your AAC Link Therapist to update you about future training.