Communication Partner Training
What is this training?
This course is intended for anyone who is a communication partner of a person using AAC of any age, including parents or other family members, personal assistants, teaching assistants, teachers, SLTs, etc.
The course is 45 minutes long and will cover the following:
- What is communication and why do we communicate
- Understand how using AAC affects communication
- Learn general strategies to support communication for people using AAC – TIME mnemonic
- Apply these strategies to your communication partner and choose one to ‘take away’.
How do I access the training?
You can access the training at anytime online. Please allow 45 minutes for the training as you will need to watch videos and complete tasks as part of the training.
1. Watch the YouTube video below: