Environmental Control Equipment
Environmental Control equipment enables operation of a wide range of electronic devices by remote control.
These systems can range from being very basic with only a few functions through to very complex with multiple functions. Each system is tailored to the individual needs of the user.
Examples of equipment that can be controlled include:
- Electric beds
- Electric chairs
- Home Entertainment Equipment e.g. televisions, stereos, radios etc.
- Smaller electrical appliances with a single function e.g. lamps, fans etc.
- Door lock release – not funded by the NHS
- Door openers - not funded by the NHS
- Curtain openers - not funded by the NHS
The system usually consists of a controller that enables operation of the equipment.
The method for which the user accesses this controller is tailored to suit their physical ability.
Certain controls require referral for funding and provision by other agencies. These include:
- door, window and curtain openers
- page turners
- building adaptations
- electrical, joiner/carpentry or other minor adaptation
- telecare equipment