The North Bristol NHS Trust Adult Neurosurgery Department, Brunel building, Southmead Hospital (previously located at Frenchay Hospital) is a tertiary referral centre providing Adult Neurosurgical care for Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire and the city of Bristol.
The Neurosurgical team includes 13 consultants, who are world-leading experts in their specialities, carrying out more than 3,500 individual procedures each year, of which 50% are operations for emergency admissions.
The service at Southmead Hospital is supported by three state-of-the-art Neurosurgical theatres including one theatre dedicated to emergency procedures.
The Neurosurgery wards, Gate 7, Level 3, Brunel building, Southmead Hospital provides patients with a high level of nursing care in a modern and spacious environment.
The service provides all aspects of Neurosurgical practice, including:
- Cranial & Spinal Trauma
- Complex Skull Base Surgery
- Complex Cerebro-Vascular Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Pituitary Surgery
- Spinal Surgery Including Spinal Tumors
- Neuro-modulation For Pain
- Neuro-modulation For Movement Disorders Including Parkinson’s Disease
- Surgery For Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Surgery For Hydrocephalus