The Department of Neuropathology at North Bristol NHS Trust provides the following services:
- Clinical neuropathology support for the neurosciences specialties.
- Neurosurgical biopsy histology.
- Diagnostic pathology of muscle and peripheral nerve, including in-house biopsy facilities.
- Neuropathology autopsies.
- Macroscopic assessment of fixed brain and spinal cord specimens.
- Post-mortem neurohistology.
- CSF cytology.
Neuropathology at North Bristol NHS Trust has the following research interests:
The department is keen to support research activities within the Trust and the wider Neuropathology research community.
The department is registered with the Institute of Biomedical Science to train Biomedical Scientists, and actively encourages staff training and development.