The Point of Care Testing Team provides support for many POCT applications to North Bristol NHS Trust.
The service encompasses:
- Advice on the selection and procurement of POCT equipment.
- Maintenance and servicing of blood gas analysers across the Trust.
- Replacement and servicing of blood glucose meters.
- Supply of consumables for blood glucose meters including quality control solutions, batteries and user manuals.
- Supply of Pregnancy testing kits.
- Training in blood gas analysis, blood glucose analysis, capillary blood collection, urinalysis, haemoglobin testing and pregnancy testing.
- Training materials for urinalysis and pregnancy testing.
- External Quality Assurance schemes for blood glucose and some other POCT tests.
- Support for Haematology analysers situated in Out Patients departments and Operating Theatres.
Includes details of sample types, volumes, special precautions, turnaround times & reference ranges.