Severn Pathology (North Bristol NHS Trust Pathology Sciences and UKHSA Bristol Laboratory) is committed to setting and achieving high quality standards that are capable of meeting the needs and requirements of its users’.
Severn Pathology will:
- Operate a quality management system to integrate the organisation, procedures, processes and resources.
- Ensure that personnel comply with the policies of North Bristol NHS Trust and UK Health Security Agency as required.
- Establish and review quality objectives and plans in order to implement this quality policy and to achieve continual quality improvement.
- Ensure that all personnel are familiar with this quality policy and comply with the contents of the quality manual and all procedures relevant to their work to ensure user satisfaction.
- Encourage good communication between all staff.
- Commit to the health, safety and welfare of its staff. Visitors to the department will be treated with respect and due consideration will be given to their safety while on site.
- Commit to comply with relevant environmental legislation.
- Uphold professional values and be committed to good professional practice and conduct.
Severn Pathology will comply with the requirements of all relevant regulatory bodies and ISO 15189 and is committed to:
- Staff recruitment, training, development and retention at all levels to provide a full and effective service to its users.
- The proper procurement and maintenance of such equipment and other resources as are needed for the provision of the service.
- The collection, transport and handling of all specimens in such a way as to ensure the correct performance of laboratory examinations.
- The use of examination procedures that will ensure the acceptable quality of all tests performed and are fit for their intended use.
- Reporting results of examinations in ways which are timely, confidential, accurate and clinically useful.
- The assessment of user satisfaction, in addition to internal audit and external quality assessment, as part of its commitment to continual quality improvement.
- Providing a comprehensive diagnostic service for Pathology, incorporating a number of national reference laboratories.
- The safe and timely provision of blood and blood products, initiation of recall and the external reporting (SABRE scheme) of transfusion related incidents.
Mr D. Gibbs, Pathology Services Director
Mr J. Steer, Head of Operations UKHSA Bristol Laboratory
Page updated: 21/06/2022