The Bristol Neurological & Spinal Unit has a strong reputation for innovation and groundbreaking research in relation to spinal conditions. Examples of clinical research include:
- Development and evaluation of new instrumentation to treat paediatric spinal deformity
- Motion preserving spinal technologies such as cervical disc replacements
- Image guided spinal surgery
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Neuro-modulation for chronic pain
- Investigations into the causes of adult onset spinal deformity
The Bristol Neurological & Spinal Unit also has strong research links with the University of Bristol Department of Anatomy, University of the West of England, the University of Bath Department of Biomechanical Engineering, as well as close links with the Bristol Institute of Clinical Neurosciences.