General Fertility Clinic
Southmead Hospital provides a fully funded NHS Fertility service now known as Southmead General Fertility Clinic.
Southmead General Fertility Clinic’s offers couples with Fertility problems a full assessment of factors that may be affecting their chances and arranging further tests, advice/treatment or refer for assisted conception treatment to optimise their chances of having a baby.
The clinic provides assessment and treatment for couples apart from assisted conception services as detailed below.
Male and Female Assessment:
- Full range of diagnostic tests.
- Hormone, androgen profiles.
- Ovarian reserve assessment (e.g. AMH).
- Genetic and chromosome testing.
- Fertility ultrasound scans.
- Tubal testing: Hysterosalpingography (HSG), Laparoscopy and Dye test.
- Repeat semen analysis if required
- Fertility monitoring for clomifene.
- Ovulation induction with FSH and monitoring for anovulation.
- Repair of Fallopian tubes.
- Fertility surgery for Fibroids and Endometriosis.
- Hysteroscopic surgery for Asherman’s or uterine abnormalities.
- Assisted conception treatment advice: expert advice on appropriate treatment options such as IVF/ ICSI/ IUI/ donor sperm and e.g. treatment. Pre-implantation genetic screening.
- Arrange referral for the appropriate assisted conception treatment.
The Southmead General Fertility Clinic complements the excellent range of Reproductive Medicine services provided by the Gynaecology Department at North Bristol NHS Trust including:
- Reproductive Endocrine Clinic (PCOS, Amenorrhoea, Premature ovarian failure, Hirsutism, menopause etc.).
- Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic (patients who have had 3 or more miscarriages).