Each patient is assessed as part of the overall assessment.
The initial assessment includes using:
- The Canadian Occupational Performance Measure
- The Chessington Occupational Therapy Neurological assessment Battery
- A functional assessment carried out in the home environment.
Measurable goals are then planned in conjunction with the client and the interdisciplinary team.
Occupational Therapy at HITU may include:
- Devising strategies to help with cognitive, perceptual and physical deficits in everyday life and supporting clients to implement these in their homes, workplace or in the community.
- Worksite assessments, planning and implementing graded return to work programmes and regular monitoring.
- Liaison with employers, job centres and other community agencies.
- Investigation into voluntary work.
- Introduction of community activities such as leisure or educational training.
- Provision of equipment to enable independence at home
- Upper limb rehabilitation
- Group work.