The Neurology Department here at North Bristol NHS Trust is responsible for providing outpatient and inpatient services to the whole of Bristol for adults with neurological problems.
Specialist and general Neurology Clinics are carried out at various locations within North Bristol NHS Trust including:
- Brunel Building, Southmead Hospital
- Bristol Brain Centre, Southmead Hospital
- Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Thornbury Hospital
- Clevedon Hospital
- Gloucester Royal Hospital
We also offer an Emergency Specialist Registrar Clinic Service which can be accessed via your GP.
Inpatient Services are located across several wards in the Brunel building:
- Gate 25a, Level 2 - Neurology and Neurosurgery Inpatients
- Gate 6b, Level 2 - Neurosurgery Inpatients
- Gate 7a, Level 3 - Neurology and Stroke Inpatients
- Gate 9a, Level 5 - Stroke Rehabilitation
There are 23 Consultant Neurologists within the Department supported by staff including Specialist Registrars, SHO’s, Specialist Nurses, Secretarial and Administrative Staff.
The Institute of Clinical Neurosciences (ICN) is responsible for promoting and coordinating clinical research and is based at Southmead Hospital Bristol.
An active programme of research in clinical neuroscience is conducted both at North Bristol NHS Trust and at the University of Bristol.