North Bristol NHS Trust’s Neuropsychiatry Service is based at The Rosa Burden Centre, Southmead Hospital Bristol.
The Neuropsychiatry team is a highly regarded group of professionals from various disciplines.
We work with patients who have complex clinical presentation that are not easy to explain due to which we require a flexible person-centered approach and innovative management.
Being a part of the acute trusts within the Neuroscience department, we collaborate with the Neurology and the Neurosurgical team. We also provide specialist services for the mainstream Mental Health Services and Community Learning Disability Services for neuropsychiatric presentation.
Our outpatient clinics take referrals from across the South West. We assess patients with neuropsychiatric conditions, who are referred to us by GPs, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons and Psychiatrists. Long-term follow-up care is provided for patients who require this service.
Our inpatient service is situated within the Rosa Burden Centre. We have 10 inpatient beds for the assessment and/or management of complex neuropsychiatric presentation.
There is a busy neuroliaison service to the Neurology and Neurosurgery inpatient wards in the Brunel building.
We provide assessment and management for the following conditions:
- Organic psychiatric disorders
- Neuropsychiatric aspects of:
- Neurodevelopmental disorders
- Movement disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Mild Brain Injury
- Cognitive problems and early Dementia
- Neuropsychiatric presentations of neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s Disease or Multiple Sclerosis
- Pre and post neuropsychiatric assessment and management for neurosurgical procedures such as Neurosurgery for Epilepsy, Vagal Nerve Stimulation for Epilepsy and Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s disease